IEORE4578 Professional Development (MSE)
Students will engage, learn and share their experiences in order to make meaning of professional development. The instructional team hopes that the students will obtain the following:
• Gain familiarity and insight to the US job market and US career culture; recognize the skills necessary to compete effectively.
• Increase student professional intelligence, develop own professional self and identify developmental needs.
• Obtain information on employment trends, resources and networking opportunities.
• Refine resume writing, interviewing, and job search skills.
• Establish a collaborative relationship with the instructional team and provide constructive feedback where appropriate to enhance the student’s professional development.