Welcome to the IEOR Department! The "to-do" checklist below is designed to ensure that all incoming IEOR masters students are fully prepared to engage academically, professionally and socially in the exciting endeavor that awaits them.
 1. Review the Office of Graduate Student Affairs New Student Checklist for information about activating your Columbia email, housing, student IDs, health services and Student Financial Services.
 2. Make sure you have the necessary computing hardware for the program. The department recommends students purchasing a new computer consider a PC. CUIT provides Columbia University students with central computing and communications services, including free software downloads, computer discounts, lab locations, etc.
 3. All international students should review the ISSO's Coming to Columbia: Essential Information for New International Students.
 1. Non-native English speakers: Work on your spoken and written English.
 2. Review your probability theory and linear algebra. You may find the syllabi for IEOR 4004, 4016 and SIEO 4150 useful.
 3. MS Program in FE Students: Purchase and read Options, Futures and Other Derivatives by John C. Hull.
 4. All students with interest in finance roles should review the following computer languages: C++/Python for front office roles, Java for back office roles and VBA for all roles.
 5. Review your program's curriculum on our website, the fall schedule and fill out a program plan.