All undergraduate students from Columbia Engineering and undergraduate students from Columbia College, Barnard, and General Studies majoring in statistics, applied mathematics, computer science, economics, or financial economics are welcome and encouraged to apply to the M.S. programs in the IEOR Department through the M.S. Express Application. This process is designed to simplify the application procedure, but it does not guarantee admission.
- Applicants with a GPA of 3.5 are encouraged to apply
- Three Columbia professors are required to act as references
- Letters of recommendation are not required
- GRE and TOEFL scores are not required
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis between November 1st and February 15th
- 3-2 combined plan students in their senior year are also eligible
Advantages of Continuing to M.S. Programs at Columbia
- Advanced courses taken at the undergraduate level are designed to fulfill the pre-requisites for the M.S. programs
- Graduate courses (4000-level or higher) taken senior year can be counted toward the M.S. degree, as long as they are not counted toward the undergraduate degree
- Undergraduate courses can be planned more effectively leading to an increased depth and breadth
- Summer projects taken at the end of senior year for research credit can count toward the M.S. degree, as long as the student has a suitable advisor willing to supervise them and the credits have not been applied toward the B.S. degree
For further information, please visit the M.S. Express Application Website.